I hit 700 followers yesterday! Oh, gosh. This is all happening too fast! It feels like I’m celebrating another 100 followers every week or so. But anyway, not gonna bore you just wanna say thank you and I would like to say welcome to my new followers, I hope you love hanging out here!
I know I have been missing on the weekend and totally messed up my schedule. But I’m gonna make up for it by doing the Blogger Recognition Award tag! I would like to firs thank Jen Li, Allurelaura, MarbleBeauty, Ella and McKenzie for tagging me <3 Here it goes!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select other bloggers you want to give this award to
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Got Started
I was working in a design company but I felt my creativity was so constricted my other people’s taste and expectations. I left that job and found a new job, which does not have anything to do with creativity at all. So I started this blog 4 months ago to challenge myself and channel my creativity in a platform where I get to truly be myself. And here I am with 700 of the loveliest readers!
Advice for New Bloggers
1. Don’t be limited into writing posts that you know people will want to read. Just get lost in your ideas and don’t listen to what anyone else says. If you ever feel like you are not imaginative or creative enough to come up with original ideas, then just write something that you are comfortable and confident about. I’ve written a post on how to be more creative in 2017 that you can read up, hope you find it useful!
2. Don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of money into designing your blog to grow your readership. Most of the time, it is what you write that captures people’s attention so focus on that. You don’t have to spend bucks and be let down afterwards because it’s not the best move for your blog. I personally use a free template and designed it myself and it works just fine. Just focus on writing and being true to yourself. Nothing else should get in the way!
Like a lot of my other friends tagged, I’m gonna keep this section short because this tag is literally everywhere right now! So I’m just going to tag in random and hope they haven’t done it: Emily Mae, Marika & Melissa, Wendy, Stella and Vanja!